- Message Boards
- Buyer's Guide
- Ask the Experts
CHARLOTTE, NC — Autobell® Car Wash’s 2011 Charity Car Wash Program helped raise $678,153 for various charities, schools and other nonprofits and has now raised a grand total of $4.75 million since the program began in 1998, a press release reported.
The March 6 press release said Autobell offers 501(c)(3) groups full-service carwash tickets which are custom-printed with the organization’s name. The tickets are then sold at full-price and the non-profits get to keep 50 percent of the proceeds from each ticket sale.
The following non-profits benefited from Autobell’s program in 2011:
- A high school marching band, Union County, NC, raised $5,983
- Elementary school PTA, Fulton County, GA, raised $8,217
- Women’s counseling service, Guilford County, NC, raised $4,213
- Kiwanis club, Henderson County, NC, raised $2,285
- Church, Hampton Roads, VA, raised $2,980
- School rugby team, Mecklenburg County, NC, raised $3,764
- Private academy, Wake County, NC, raised $4,668
Autobell President and CEO Chuck Howard said in the press release, “This program is unique and popular with the public and a boon to fund drive organizers. They don’t have to deal with planning and executing a parking lot carwash or other large-scale fundraising event, worry about rain dates, or incur any upfront cost. We are thrilled to provide an easy and effective way for so many nonprofits to reach their fundraising goals.”