- Buyer's Guide
- Got A Question?
• Barry Meguiar, host of Car Crazy TV and the man behind Meguiar’s detailing products, was admitted to the ICU in mid-August and listed in serious condition, later being re-evaluated to stable condition.
Meguiar was taking part in the Pebble Beach Concours D’Elegance with the rest of the Meguiar’s Special Events team when he was taken to the hospital.
Now known for his popular Car Crazy TV program aired on SPEED TV, Meguiar is also the CEO and president of Meguiar’s Inc.
• Professional Carwash Systems, Inc. (PCS) has added two new members to its team to facilitate an expansion for its company.
Tom Wilson will serve as equipment sales manager and Dean Schuck will be chemical sales manager, representing Blue Coral and Blendco. Both men have over 10 years of experience in the carwash industry.
In Other News
• Professional Carwash Systems, Inc. (PCS), is now a distributor of Washworld vehicle systems throughout the entire state of Iowa.
PCS has been a full-service distributor to the carwash industry for almost 20 years.
• CarWashCameras.com, a division of Rugged CCTV, has been granted U.S. Patent #7,764,196 for the process of inspecting vehicles for damage. The equipment covered in the patent is manufactured under the “N-Spex” name.
The company originally filed for the patent in early 2007 after the technology was invented by CarWashCameras.com. It covers a number of methods for documenting damage to vehicles that may have been pre-existing, occurred in the tunnel or even damaged somewhere else after leaving the tunnel.
The Patent, titled “Method and Apparatus for Documenting the Condition of a Vehicle,” covers any type of camera mounted anywhere inside or outside of the tunnel — on the structure, equipment or even an arch — that can be used to look at a vehicle for pre-existing or tunnel damage.
• Quick Quack Car Wash, a growing chain of express exterior carwashes, has been recognized by Inc. in the fourth annual Inc. 5000 as the 612th fastest growing private company in America.
This marks the first time that any carwash operator has been named to the list.
Quick Quack was founded in 2004 as Splash & Dash Car Wash in Carmichael,CA. and quickly grew from a single carwash location to 13 locations in three states, including the acquisition and adoption of the Quick Quack Car Wash brand in 2007.
Quick Quack earned its ranking on this year’s list by showing a three-year growth rate of 489 percent. Quick Quack was also ranked #35 in the “Consumer Products and Services Industry.”
• SEBCO Laundry Systems, a commercial laundry supplier of Maytag Commercial Laundry washers and dryers, is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
The company has acquired a 250,000 square-foot industrial complex in Raritan, NJ, as a way to recognize the milestone, although they will initially only occupy 80,000 feet.
The expanded size of the new location provides the company with ample corporate office space, a parts distribution area and a warehouse.
• Waves Car Wash has joined the non-profit American Solar Energy Society (ASES) and was included in the group’s 15th Annual Solar Tour which showcased more than 5,000 solar-powered homes, schools and businesses across North America.
The event took place in early October and allowed visitors to see the solar technologies that the carwash uses to reduce monthly energy bills and harmful carbon emissions, as well as obtain tax credits and cash incentives.
Representatives from Channel Sun Solar Power Systems were on-hand at the carwash event in West Roxbury, MA, to explain how solar energy works and answer questions.
Adam Korngold, owner of Waves Car Wash, a full-service carwash and detail center, has been using electricity generated by the sun since July.
“We wanted to show our commitment to a cleaner environment and our support for the community,” Korngold explained. “If we show how solar is working for us, that may stimulate more and more people to look at solar as a viable option for their home or business.”
• Members of the Southeastern Car Wash Association (SECWA) were able to vote on nominations for the 2010-2011 Board Positions during the 2010 SECWA Business Meeting, held during SECWA’s Trade Show and Expo, Sept. 12-14, at the Peabody Orlando in Orlando, FL. The meeting was held during a breakfast session on Wednesday, Sept. 15 and the following persons were voted onto the Board:
• Marcus Kittrell — President
• Tim Jones — Vice President
• Robert Greene — Secretary/Treasurer
• James Rooney — Knoxville, TN — Board
• Dale Reynolds — Roxboro, NC — Board
• Bill Walker — Orlando, FL — Board