- Message Boards
- Buyer's Guide
- Ask the Experts
Greenhouse Car Wash, the brainchild of Mark Marzeotti, is washing cars and recycling water now that cars are coming through the tunnel.
The facility uses biodegradable soaps and waxes, recycles 90 percent of the water used, and also offers gift cards made from recycled materials.
Marzeotti, said he is also considering solar panels, but the cost might be too high.
“It is a significant cash outlay to purchase the panels and to install the panels, but if I qualified for a state and federal grant, I could dissipate almost 70 percent of the expense, leaving me with 30 percent debt service,” Marzeotti said.
The recently opened Big Green Car Wash Machine is being billed as the first eco-friendly wash service in the area.
Owners Charles and Mary Rogers have plans to make the business, which already reclaims about 60 percent of all water and uses Blendco’s environmentally-friendly chemical line, even greener. Currently, the business is certified “green” by Green Teen, the city of North Richland Hill’s certification for eco-friendly businesses.
The Rogers remain optimistic plan to expand the offerings in their retail space to include wine sales and other offerings.
Waves Car Wash, a new hand carwash and detail service, is now open for business in the parking lot of a local shopping center.
The business will cater to customers of CrownGate shopping center, providing wash and detail services while they shop.
Prices start at £7 ($11.50). The business uses a water recirculation unit to conserve water, as well as energy-saving lights.
Tidal Wave carwash is now open for business. Owners Ken and Teri Starkey got the idea to open a carwash from their friends who own washes in Guymon, OK.
The automatic carwash costs between $6 and $10 and there are also three self-serve bays.
Agoura Hils, CA
Lavaggio Auto Detailing Center is finally open after 10 years of planning and hard work by owner David Delrahim.
Among other hurdles, Delrahim dealt with construction and environmental roadblocks over the years. He also owns Agoura Hills Car Wash, a nearby business.