- Buyer's Guide
- Got A Question?
- MacNeil Wash Systemscelebrated its 30th Anniversary with a party at the Gordon Biersch Brewery in Las Vegas. The party was held on the second night of the recent Car Wash Show™. More than 200 people, including customers and distributors showed up to enjoy free beer and food. “We are very thankful to all of the people who have contributed to MacNeil’s success over the years”, stated Vice President Vince MacNeil, “and we look forward to continuing these partnerships into the future.”
- PDQ Manufacturing Inc.has launched the online-based “PDQ University Factory Certification Program.” The program is designed to both certify and standardize service technicians and expand their knowledge of PDQ carwash equipment. Technicians will be shown orientation videos and will be able to examine product manuals, review study materials and eventually take exams. For more information, visit www.pdqinc.com. PDQ also announced the launch of the new in-bay automatic system, the ProTouch® ICON, and the new SwingAir® dryer system. Gerry Hanrahan, senior vice president of sales for PDQ, stated in a press release, “At PDQ, we are focused on providing wash operators with the best available equipment on the market. The SwingAir is another example of PDQ's ability to continually bring new products to the industry and provide the in-bay automatic operators with the best possible products to satisfy their customers.”
- Clean World Distribution Inc.(CWD) announced it has upgraded its Rhino-Mat Wash & Dry system which now bears the ETL and CETL mark. CWD stated that the systems all underwent a series of tests and after grueling months of maximum temperature threshold and weather resistance tests.
- Mark VII Equipment Inc., the US subsidiary of WashTec AG of Germany, showcased two new products, the SoftLine MT and the WheelJet®, at the recent Car Wash Show™. The SoftLine MT can retrofit a 35-foot rollover bay with a mini-tunnel and the WheelJet option goes with Mark VII's SoftWash XT®, AquaJet XT® and ChoiceWash XT® rollovers.
- More than 5,700 attended the 2012 Car Wash Show™, which was held in Las Vegas from May 7-9. The International Carwash Association® (ICA) said preliminary data shows that attendance increased by 4 percent over the last two years’, and more than 7,000 carwash locations were represented. Also at the show, the ICA inducted Bill Martin of Metro Express Car Wash in Boise, ID, into the Car Wash Hall of Fame. The Car Wash Show™ 2013 will be held April 22–24, 2013, at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- The 2012 Southwest Car Wash Association (SCWA) Convention & EXPO held in Arlington, TX, last March had more than 1,200 attendees. The keynote address was by Brad McCoy, and it covered how business owners can be more productive. The annual awards presentation honored iWash of Texas as the 2012 Self-Serve/Automatic Car Wash of the Year and Clean Getaway Car Wash & Detail as the 2012 Conveyor/Exterior of the Year.