- Buyer's Guide
- Got A Question?
Preventative Maintenance Schedule for a self serve
Periodic maintenance enhances income, as well as, the life of the self-serve equipment. Also, regular cleaning improves the customer’s experience by providing a sanitary work environment. The saying goes, “You can’t clean a car in a dirty bay”, and it also stands to reason that vehicles get cleaner in a spotless bay. Because self-serves can be unattended, it’s also important to make sure customers feel safe and that means, all lights should be working, as well as security equipment. Consistent maintenance and performance checks prevent issues from becoming large expenses.
- Wash and clean bays with high-pressure.
- Drop coins into each meter (including those belonging to the bays, vacuums and vending machines) to make sure they’re working properly.
- Operate each bay cycle, and check them for correct pressure, delivery and leaks.
- Operate the vacuums to make sure they’re working.
- Check all vacuum hoses as well as their ends and check their suction.
- Operate each bill changer to make sure they’re working.
- Check each changer for jams and make sure each offers easy bill acceptance.
- Make sure each changer gives out the proper change.
- Check chemical levels.
- Pick-up trash on and around the property.
- Empty all trash receptacles.
- Check lights.
- Check security equipment.
- Check pump oil level.
- Make sure pump oil is free of water.
- Drain water from air compressor.
- Check salt level and refill the water softener brine reservoir.
- Clean out vacuum debris bins.
- Sweep or wash down parking lot.
- Check sediment level in bay pits.
- Check product level in vending machines.
- Check timer settings for bay lights.
- Clean filter bags on vacuums.
- Change 5 micron pre-filter on RO (reverse osmosis) system.
- Check hoses, guns, brushes and nozzles for any wear and tear.
- Check drive belts for any tension and wear.
- Lubricate locks with graphite.
- Change pump oil.
- Change air compressor oil.
- Change activated carbon media on RO system.
- Replace vacuum motors.
- Clean walls with high-pressure washer.
- Clean parking lot with high-pressure washer.
- Paint any exposed metal.