- Message Boards
- Buyer's Guide
- Ask the Experts
• Blendco Systems, a manufacturer and supplier of a full line of formulated detergents, polishes and protectants for the car care industry, has added two new sales managers to its team.
Jon Eberle will serve as Southwest regional manager, covering the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas. He has 10 years of experience in the carwash industry, as well as past success in direct sales in the southern United States.
Stuart Hulsey will serve as the East Coast representative for tunnel sales managers. The company said Hulsey has a background in chemistry and more than 20 years of professional experience in the carwash industry.
In Other News
• Lustra™ Car Care Products, of De Pere, WI, has added Car Wash Solutions, LLC, based in the greater Rochester, NY, area as a distributor for its full line of commercial carwash products. Car Wash Solutions has over 35 years of carwash operation and equipment installation experience on staff and will offer distribution, sales and support to the region’s existing Lustra customers.
Lustra’s previous distributorship in the region was recently sold to a competing manufacturer of chemicals prompting discussions between Lustra management and the ownership team of Car Wash Solutions to provide additional chemical sales and support for Lustra’s strong customer base in the New York area.
“We are very pleased to be able to leverage the experience and expertise of Car Wash Solutions and its employees to provide the best in chemicals and support to the existing as well as new Lustra customers,” said Dave Krause, president and CEO of Lustra. “Our relationship with the Car Wash Solutions founding company will serve to enhance the level of service to their customers.”
• In other Lustra-related news, newly elected Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker toured the Cleaning Systems, Inc. (CSI) facility, along with its Lustra Car Care Products, during his statewide tour of manufacturing companies. The tour also included a viewing of the DynaEdge Transportation Cleaning Solutions divisions.
Gov. Walker met with David Krause, president and CEO of CSI, and other company executives. Krause said, “We are honored to have the governor of our great state here today. Gov. Walker is right for Wisconsin and right for Wisconsin businesses.”
The governor has made it a mission of his to promote statewide businesses and has promoted bills that would support businesses as well as local job opportunities.
As part of the tour, Krause shared details about Lustra’s Ultraflex System which uses ultra-concentrated carwash chemicals and equipment.
• Hydro Systems Company, a manufacturer of chemical proportioning and dispensing systems that is headquartered in Cincinnati, has acquired Dosmatic, Inc., a manufacturer of environmentally-friendly, non-electric chemical metering equipment that is based in Carrollton, TX.
Hydro Systems’ President and CEO Jeff Rowe said of the acquisition, “When combined with the high quality volumetric dispensing products we added through our recent acquisition of Chemilizer, Inc., our well established Hydro brand venturi offerings, and our Nova line of peristaltic pump equipment, the Dosmatic line positions Hydro to offer our customers the broadest choice of dispensing system alternatives on the market, today.”
Rowe also said that the acquisition is consistent with their long-term strategy of acquiring additional niche brands to build-out their family of dispensing offerings and better serve their loyal customers.
• Hamilton Mfg. Corp., a manufacturer of change machines and autocashiers for the carwash industry, has reached a distribution agreement to offer the XpresWash RFID (radio frequency identification) system.
The system provides a way for owners to sell monthly, unlimited wash memberships and is available now through the Hamilton distributor network.
• Registration for Car Care World Expo 2011 is now open and will be throughout the show, according to the International Carwash Association™ (ICA).
The show, being held May 2-4 in Las Vegas, will be in a new venue this year, the Sands Expo and Convention Center.
In a TouchUp interview with Eric Wulf, which can be found in the February issue, he said they’re building on the momentum of last year’s show, which set a record for number of attendees participating in their educational session. Last May, the show was held at the Las Vegas Convention Center and attracted 5,512 carwash equipment buyers and sellers. According to the ICA, 68 percent of all attendees represented buyers of carwash equipment or supplies from 5,924 retail carwash locations, an increase in locations over previous years. Also, 900 attendees went to seminars, which is a 50 percent increase from last year.
Information about this year’s Expo and how to register can be found on the ICA website, www.carwash.org.
• Mike Mountz, founder of the Grace for Vets program, spoke at the Car Wash Operators of New Jersey’s (CWONJ) membership meeting, which was held in Clark, NJ, on Feb. 8.
Mountz, a veteran and industry icon, shared his carwash philosophy and love and respect for those who have served their country during his presentation. His Grace for Vets program honors Veteran’s with a free wash on Veterans Day. In 2010, 101,537 free washes were given away on Nov. 11 from 1,253 participating carwashes. “You could have heard a pin drop while he spoke,” said CWONJ President Gerry Barton. “Mike was one of the best speakers we have ever featured and one of the most genuine. You can see how much he loves this industry and how hard he has worked for everything he has. He is a real inspiration.”
Attendees also heard from Lobbyist Patrick Stewart of Public Strategies Impact in Trenton, NJ, who serves as the Association’s eyes and ears at the state capitol; and Larry Katz of Energy Management Advisors (EMA). Katz rolled out an energy savings program where members can receive discounted gas/electric services through Katz’s purchasing power. The EMA program has been tested by some board members and is proving to save a significant amount of money for participants.