- Message Boards
- Buyer's Guide
- About Us
• Steve Gaudreau, a long-time consultant and trainer to the carwash industry, has now announced the publication of his newest book, “Creating Exceptional Managers in the Car Wash Industry.”
The book describes in great detail the abilities, skills, and knowledge needed to become an exceptional manager of a full serve, flex serve, exterior, or exterior express carwash.
In addition, this book contains a tool kit with over 80 pages of job descriptions and incentive programs for every position for every type of conveyor carwash.
• Jim Fitzpatrick, an operator in the waterless carwash industry for the past five years, has been appointed the first member of Ecologic Transportation, Inc.’s new Environmental Advisory Board.
Ecologic Transportation is a holding company with wholly owned subsidiaries all dedicated to environmentally friendly transportation products and services.
In addition to his environmental work in the carwash industry, Fitzpatrick is also a Planning Commissioner for the city of Costa Mesa, CA. He will serve as the board’s director of federal, state and municipal water initiatives.
In Other News
• Delta Kits, a windshield repair and headlight restoration supply company, has launched a referral website.
www.windshieldreferral.com was created as a way for detail shops to advertise and market their services.
The website offers free listings, a customer feedback feature and customized listings.
• CarwashTV.com, a video magazine for the carwash industry, has been featured in a national newsletter. Brightcove, the video platform provider that was ranked number one by Forrester Research, produced the monthly newsletter and offers a hosted platform that allows companies to manage, host and stream videos on their website. The company’s customers include The New York Times, Showtime, The Discovery Channel, Starbucks and Macy’s.
The newsletter said that carwashTV.com was “a great example of what you can do with outstanding video content.”
Since June 1, 2010, CarwashTV.com has produced and shown 22 different videos, which have been watched over 9,000 times by over 3,000 unique viewers. Eighty-five percent of viewers are watching from the U.S. and the rest have watched from 38 different countries.
• Innovative Control Systems, a manufacturer of integrated business solutions for carwash operations, has made a strategic alliance with Perimeter E-Security in order to achieve sustainable, certified PCI compliance.
PCI compliance regulation went into effect on July 1, 2010, yet many merchants aren’t fully aware of the consequences for not being compliant. Stolen card information that is tracked back to any merchant will trigger a costly investigation, whether or not directly involved.
ICS provides payment kiosk hardware and software as well as a full line of business solutions for the carwash industry.
• Mark VII Equipment Inc., a manufacturer of carwash equipment, has signed KO Pressure Supply to distribute and service Mark VII carwash systems in Arkansas. KO Pressure Supply, a full-service distributor of carwash equipment, ancillary products, chemicals and service was founded in 1976 in Springfield, MO. KO Pressure Supply’s parent company KO Manufacturing produces a broad range of chemicafor carwash and other commercial applications.
• Boomerang Carwash, the chain of 23 express exterior carwash locations, has launched an updated website. The website has a new design and now contains information on how the express exterior carwash chain is environmentally friendly, as well as a list of all the company’s locations and directions to them. In addition to those features, the website lists the carwash company’s management team and customers can now purchase gift cards online with more e-commerce features planned in future phases.
The press release said the express exterior carwash chain will also be releasing a new social media campaign through Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• The Northeast Regional Carwash Convention reported an increase in attendance over last year’s show and said there were 251 exhibitor booths during the annual convention, held Oct. 18-20 at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, NJ. Mike Benmosche, carwash program manager for Mang Insurance Agency, and a member of the NRCC committee, said this year’s show was one of their best yet, and they’ll only get better from here.
“Everyone seems very pleased with the venue and the comments we’re getting have been positive,” Benmosche said during the show’s run. “It’s a larger show than we’ve seen and so far, it’s gone extremely well.”
According to show organizers, cold and dreary weather may have helped bring more operators to the show.
The convention, which featured two days of an open tradeshow floor, as well as a keynote speaker event and educational seminars, also included an awards ceremony. Those recognized included:
• Erie Brush; for the important role it plays in the industry and with the Convention;
• Bill Bascom, a carwash owner and founder of the Mid-Atlantic Car Wash Association; 2010 Most Distinguished Person; and
• Doug Rieck, an operator and past president; 2010 Hall of Fame Award.
Meanwhile, the Western Carwash Association reported a decrease in attendance, but exhibitors remained positive. Tom Tucker, Jr., president and founder of Vacutech, LLC, and an exhibitor at the show, said the expo had plenty of interested buyers, and he was able to connect with current customers, as well.
The Association kicked off its 29th Annual Convention and Expo with a keynote presentation by The Disney Institute at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Oct. 11.
After a day of educational events, the Association opened up its show floor for two days, and also presented an awards ceremony and breakfast meeting.
Recognized during the ceremony:
• Fred Simab and Pedrum Farooray, Victorville Speed Wash, Rookies of the Year;
• George Spelius, Modern Car Care, Special Service;
• Coy Lindblom, The Carwasher, Board of Directors: Service; and
• Len Harrington, Western Carwash Insurance Agency, Lifetime Achievement.