- Buyer's Guide
- Got A Question?
• D&S Car Wash Equipment Company, a manufacturer of in-bay automatics, conveyor and non-conveyorized tunnel systems, industrial vacuums, and self-service carwash equipment, has appointed Brian Merz to sales director of the West region.
Merz is a carwash industry veteran of over 25 years and a distributor of D&S products. In his new role, Merz will provide leadership and direction to D&S distributors west of the Mississippi river. In addition to his responsibilities in the western United States, Merz will also maintain his distributorship, Mid-West Equipment Sales, based in Garden City, Kansas.
D&S also announced that Drew Dressler, formerly sales director, West region, has assumed the position of sales director, East region, effective immediately.
In addition to managing the D&S distributor network east of the Mississippi, he will continue to oversee international sales for the company. Dressler brings 20 years of experience to this newly expanded role. Prior to serving as Western Region Sales Director for four years, he held several key positions in the organization.
• Grease Monkey International, Inc., announced the top franchisee award winners for outstanding performance in the prior year at its 2010 Annual Conference held in Colorado Springs in October. Top individual center sales honors were presented to:
• Steve and Beth Barrett, Ron Damiana, Wayne and Angie Glasser, Michael Glasser, Sue Stenstrom and Kate Stenstrom of Denver, Colorado-based Oilex, Inc.; and
• Steve and Gloria Sessums, Chuck and Rachel Eldridge and Tony Dolzadelli of Sheridan, Wyoming.
The President’s Award was presented to Mark and Susan Hynes and Eric Clarke of Fort Collins, CO, in recognition of excellence in marketing, operations and an overall commitment to the Grease Monkey system.
The Pursuit of Excellence Award was presented to six outstanding franchise operators, in recognition of leadership, community involvement, outstanding customer service and an overall commitment to excellence. The winners were:
• The Hnat Family of Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania;
• Ron Johnson, Michael Johnson and Brandon McMackin of Richmond, Virginia;
• Brett Carter of Denver, CO;
• Mark Rogers of Spokane, Washington;
• Hal Sears, Terry Larsen, and Butch and Lori Hammett of Centennial, Colorado; and
• Steve and Gloria Sessums and Chuck and Rachel Eldridge of Sheridan, Wyoming.
• Ron and Shari Morrow, Ron Morrow Jr. and Jenny Morrow, Steve and Cheryll Morrow and Brian Richardson of Longmont, CO-based ROSBRO Corp. were honored for serving on franchise boards and for testing new products and services.
• Wayne and Angie Glasser, Steve and Beth Barrett, Ron Damiana, Jeff Bennett, Sue Stenstrom and Kate Stenstrom of Denver-based Oilex, Inc. were recognized for owning and managing the highest car count and sales center in the system
In Other News
• R.O. UltraTec, a manufacturer of water treatment solutions, has changed its name to AXEON Water Technologies.
Company CEO Augustin R. Pavel said, “Our new brand and company name, AXEON Water Technologies, better positions our expanding product line and service offerings, which are necessary for our customers to succeed in today’s water treatment industry. We are capitalizing on our 22 years of engineering and manufacturing water treatment solutions, while developing strong relationships in what is an increasingly competitive market.”
The name officially changed on Jan. 3, 2011. The rebranding coincides with the company’s new customer service program. The company’s website now can be found at: www.AXEONwater.com.
• National Pride Equipment’s, customer appreciation day has grown into a regional carwash expo event which included 13 carwash industry vendors this year.
The event, held Wednesday, Oct. 27, at the company’s facilities in Ashland, OH, attracted over 200 customers.“The customer traffic was great,” said Chris Hamel from Hamel Mfg., and the event also included networking and demonstrations.
“This is a day to give back to our customers by giving them an opportunity to network with their peers and industry leading vendors. We want our customers to be able to come and spend time with the vendors asking question and seeing demonstrations first hand” said Charles Collins, vice president of National Pride Equipment.
• Goff’s Enterprises, a curtain wall manufacturer, has announced the acquisition of Tiger Wall, a curtain wall system manufacturer to further expand its presence in the auto repair market.
Tony Goff, president of Goff’s, said in the press release, “This strategic acquisition fits with our business model by allowing us to create a wider distribution reach.”
Goff’s is a manufacturer of curtain walls, welding curtains and screens, high-speed industrial vinyl and mesh roll-up doors, strip doors, noise control products, climate curtains and food processing curtains.