- Message Boards
- Buyer's Guide
- About Us
• Steve Switzer, is the new sales and technical representative for Crystal Care, a division of CC Detergents LLC, a manufacturer of chemical solutions for the carwash industry.
Switzer will be in charge of sales and service to the carwash and vehicle maintenance industries in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia.
Switzer has over 27 years of experience in the carwash and vehicle maintenance fields, with extensive knowledge of chemical dilution systems.
• Brett Gerring has joined 3G Enterprises, a distributor of carwash equipment and service based in Minneapolis, MN.
“Brett has years of experience in all aspects of the carwash industry and will be involved in company operations, as well as direct contact with our customers for project support and equipment needs,” explained 3G president Mike Scholz.
In Other News
• SONNY’S Enterprises, Inc. has named 3G Enterprises as the exclusive representative of SONNY’S equipment sales, service and parts for Minnesota, Western Wisconsin and the eastern portions of North and South Dakota.
3G Enterprises Inc. will expand their existing parts inventory at their Minneapolis facility in order to better accommodate customers. The company will offer the full line of SONNY’S carwash equipment and replacement parts, as well as WashWorld in-bay equipment products.
• Mike’s Carwash, Inc., has become the newest member of the International Carwash Association’s™ environmental recognition program, WaterSavers™.
Mike’s, the fourth largest conveyor carwash chain in the nation, has enrolled 31 of its 37 locations in the program and joins the ever-growing ranks of several top-chain carwashes in the WaterSavers program, including Autobell, Brown Bear Car Wash, Circle K, Giant Eagle, Mister Car Wash, Mr. Clean Car Wash, Splash and The Pantry among others.
WaterSavers was developed to help professional carwashes educate consumers on the environmental benefits of professional carwashing, and promote their location as an environmentally-responsible business.
To learn more about the program, register a carwash location and view promotional marketing materials, visit www.icawatersavers.org.
• Advanced Car Wash Systems is now the distributor of PDQ Manufacturing’s full line of equipment and supplies in the Southeast market.
Advanced Car Wash Systems, based in Marietta, GA, will serve Georgia, Alabama and the panhandle region of Florida.
• Hydro Engineering Inc. has designed a portable aircraft washing system for Boeing, a manufacturer of commercial airplanes, that is also environmentally friendly.
The Hydrosite portable wash equipment was ETL certified to UL and CE standards and can recycle 100 percent of the wash water collected from the aircraft washing process. The company trained Boeing and Italian Air Force contractors on the maintenance and operational procedures for the system.
The green wash rack project was done as part of Boeing’s KC-767 aircraft refuelers program supplied to the Italian Air Force. The first aircraft was washed on the airport ramp at Aeroporto Militare Mario De Bernardi in Proezia, Italy.
• L.A. Donnelly is now representing the Fluid Rx line of automotive fluid diagnostics products.
L.A. Donnelly, a supply company founded in 1983, will offer the Fluid Rx line in Ohio and Michigan.
• The Western Carwash Association (WCA) has appointed nine board members to its new Suppliers Advisory Committee (SAC).
The SAC will be chaired by Bud Abraham, Detail Plus Car Appearance Systems and includes the following members:
• Paul Fazio, SONNY’S — The Car Wash Factory;
• Tom Ennis, N/S Wash Systems;
• Brian Gleason, PECO Car Wash Systems;
• Steve Homan, Washlink Systems;
• Chuck Kaady, Kaady Car Washes;
• Dave Krause, Cleaning Systems Inc.;
• Becky Kube, Q.B. Enterprises;
• Gene Student, Superior Auto Extras; and
• John Tobias, Kleen-Rite.
Beginning in April, the committee will meet three to four times a year as needed to discuss issues impacting the industry.
• The International Carwash Association™ (ICA) has been named to the 2010 Associations Advance American Honor Roll.
The national awards competition is sponsored by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and The Center for Association Leadership in Washington, D.C. The competition recognizes organizations whose programs and activities propel the nation forward.
“It’s an honor to be recognized by the ASAE and The Center for Association Leadership for our WaterSavers program,” said Eric Wulf, CAE, executive director and CEO of the ICA.
• Three members of the New England Carwash Association (NECA) met with the Department of Environmental Protection’s (DEP) Green Team this February.
NECA members Bob Katseff, Paul Vercollone and Adam Korngold used a Power Point presentation, handouts and charts, as well as “disarming, custom made cookies” to explain the benefits of professional carwashing to the environment and also illustrate the developing partnership between NECA and DEP.
The NECA and DEP are now in discussions to have the Massachusetts DEP endorse a charity carwash program.
• The 2010 Southwest Car Wash Association Convention & Expo drew more than 1,200 carwash owner/operator attendees and exhibitors this February.
The annual show featured industry innovations, business solutions and “unparalled hospitality” over its three-day spread at the Arlington Convention Center and Sheraton Hotel in Arlington, TX.
The show had a combined attendance of more than 1,200 carwash owner/operator attendees and exhibitors.
As in past years, the show included its pioneering CEO Forum, with Bruce Arnett, Jr., of Mr. Clean Car Washes, the franchising chain recently launched by Procter & Gamble. It also featured Buddy Roemer, former governor of Louisiana, as the keynote speaker.
Doug Cookston, owner of Cityview and Jerry’s Express carwashes based in Forth Worth, TX, was installed as the 2010-2011 SCWA President.
Cookston was on hand for an awards ceremony which recognized leaders in the SCWA community. Among them:
• Lindale Car Care, Lindale, TX, 2010 Self-serve/Automatic Car Wash of the Year
• Car Wash Barn, Temple, TX, 2010 Conveyor/Exterior Car Wash of the Year
• Lance Tyler, Auto Splash, Frisco, TX, 2010 Community Service Award
The Association’s 2011 convention and expo will be held March 6-8, 2011, in Arlington, TX.