Inspect What You Expect
CarWash College™ Tip of the Month
There is an old saying that goes something like this – 'Inspect what you expect'. Below is a sample of a wash visit report that can help you stay on track and inspect the things that need it. This report provides not just a snapshot into actual operations, but a detailed view of how things actually run when you're not there.
It is an excellent report to use to maintain every aspect of your facility and is sometimes used as a grading tool for calculating a manager's bonus. This report should be completed on a monthly basis by the owner or area manager.
Wash Visit Report
Observer: ___________________________ Date: __________________
Store Location: ______________________ Weather: _______________
Time In (pulled onto lot): ______________ Cars Ahead of the Observer: _______
Time Out (left car wash):______________
Please rate condition (Unacceptable 0 1 2 3 4 5 Excellent)
Exterior Appearance of Store:
- Was the entry area clean and free of trash?
- Were the auto tellers working and clean?
- Was the vacuum area clean and free of trash?
- Were the all vacuums clean and polished?
- Were the trashcans clean and not overflowing?
- Was the smoking area clean and free of trash?
- Was the dumpster area clean and free of trash?
- Were the landscaping and grounds well kept?
- Was the building exterior clean and in good condition?
- Was all exterior lighting, including signage, working?
- Was all equipment out of site?
- Were paved areas clean and free of stains?
- Were all vacuums working and hoses in good shape?
- Were the curbs in need of maintenance?
- Was the drive painting in need of maintenance?
The complete report is twelve pages in length. If you would like a copy that you can customize to your wash email Training@carwashcollege.com and ask for a copy on the Wash Visit report. I hope this tool helps you run your business at a peak level.
Robert Andre is the President of CarWash College™. Robert can be reached at Randre@CarWashCollege.com. For more information about CarWash College™ certification programs, visit www.CarWashCollege.com or call the registrar's office at 1-866-492-7422.