Professional Carwashing & Detailing

Electrical fire closes down a full-service wash

August 16, 2012

LEESBURG, GA — Fire officials here found heavy smoke and flames coming from the ceiling of Stardust 2 Full Service Carwash Tuesday morning, mysouthwestga.com reported.

The Aug. 14 story stated that the call came in around 4:50 a.m., and firemen had the fire under control by 5:15 a.m. Even so, there was extensive damage done inside the carwash.

Stardust’s owner, Craig Dodge, said various wires were melted during the fire, and the business is useless until they are fixed. Dodge is now waiting on an estimate from his insurance company.

Now all 10 employees of the wash are out of work until the carwash is repaired. “I don’t know what my employees are going to do, I don’t know how long we’re going to be down. It’s a terrible feeling but we’ll get through it, we’ll be back,” Dodge said in the story.

The fire department believes an electrical shortage in the neon lighting on the outside of the building caused the fire.