Chain announces winners of $25,000 giveaway
FREDERICK, MD — WLR Automotive Group announced the five community organizations that have been awarded $5,000 each from the company’s “$25K Giveaway for Good” contest, according to a press release.
The Jan. 28 release stated that the contest was held in celebration of WLR’s 25th year of service. Overall, 64 community groups were nominated, and a total of 111,422 votes were placed on the contest website by 21,070 registered voters.
After 18 days of voting, the five nominees that received the most number of votes were:
1. Warrior Canine Connection with 16,059 votes.
Based in: Brookville, MD.
2. Lab Rescue of the LRCP with 14,973 votes.
Based in: Annandale, VA.
3. Carroll Manor Recreation Council with 12,109 votes.
Based in: Buckeystown, MD.
4. A Message of Hope Cancer Fund Inc. with 11,303 votes.
Based in: Olney, MD.
5. Training Leaders through Athletics with 11,010 votes.
Based in: Hanover, PA.
For full details on the charities, read the press release here.
WLR Automotive Group’s AutoSpa carwashes were the subject of PC&D’s January issue Profile in Success. The full profile article can be found here.