The seven cardinal sins of detailing
KANSAS CITY, MO — A detailer here put together a list of the seven deadly sins of car detailing and included a solution for each problem, according to newautoshipping.com.
The April 11 posting stated that the seven detailing sins are:
- Not waxing a vehicle.
- Leaving excess wax in car cracks.
- Using greasy surface dressing on interiors.
- Putting leather seat dressing on expensive seats.
- Utilizing oil-based tire shine.
- Depending on acid detergents.
- Allowing bird droppings to stay on a vehicle.
To prevent extra wax in car cracks, the story recommended working a small layer of wax at the center of the body panel. After that, use only a thin coat of wax and work out towards the body cracks.
When it comes to oil-based tire shine, the story suggested using water-based tire shine instead. Here, silicone may dry out and cause tires to crack.
Finally, the story noted that bird droppings should be removed from vehicles immediately using a soft towel and car detail spray.
Read the entire list of problems and solutions here.