Professional Carwashing & Detailing

Fire caused by wood heater burns down detailer

January 25, 2014

ANDERSON, S.C. — By the time that around 50 volunteer firefighters reached Johnson Detail Shop, the business was completely in flames, according to the Independent Mail.

The fire was started by a wood heater, that was fixed to a rusted exhaust pipe, according to Anderson County’s interim fire chief.

The fire started Friday morning, and took around thirty minutes to put out. The building was described as a “complete loss,” according to the article.

John Wareham, a Red Cross spokesperson said, “There is a direct correlation” with the cold weather and the increase in fires. No one was hurt in the fire.

To read the entire story, click here