And the biggest eNews story of 2011 was……
LATHAM, NY — According to your votes, the biggest eNews story of 2011 was the one about a chain that just keeps growing and growing in the Southeast. Forty-five percent of the votes went to the story about Autobell opening its 63rd location in Virginia.
The online poll, which was posted on the PC&D homepage, gave 10 stories to choose from. The other results were as follows:
- 6.5% ‘Bad tipper’ charged with killing carwash worker
- 3.2% Mr. Clean plans withdrawn in Illinois
- 6.5% Major announcement from NASCAR Car Wash Co.
- 0.0% Woman suing carwash for chemical burns
- 0.0% New Auto Spa can wash 180 cars per hour
- 9.7% CNN says detailing services increase car value
- 45.2% Autobell’s 63rd location opens in VA
- 16.1% Thirty carwash workers unionize in CA
- 0.0% Atlanta group kicks off carwash water campaign
- 12.9% Report: Carwash industry to hit $27 billion by 2017
Last year, voters choose, “ICA realizes success with Watersavers™” as the biggest story of 2010. “The carwash industry takes some hits” was picked in 2009 and “The Economy: More Bad News” was the top choice in 2008.