And the winner is...
Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine's first ever carwash contest — which was an extremely successful design contest — held in April of this year, gave wash operators the opportunity to showcase their design abilities by building a fictional carwash on a theoretical property.
Designs poured in from all over the country and over 50 operators responded that they were interested in entering the contest. In the end, only 13 respondents were featured in the magazine.
That's when PC&D asked its readers to cast their vote for the best of the best. And the magazine is proud to announce that the winner is Craig Hoffer.About the winner
Hoffer is a sales representative for Washtech North, where he has been for the past three years. He started in the industry selling carwash equipment 13 years ago and sees himself as more of a consultant than a salesman.
"I try and stay up on the new products out there as well as the new concepts for customers to apply to their projects," Hoffer said.
He entered the design contest because he has had a lot of experience working on projects that were built from the ground up, and felt that this project was right up his alley.
Hoffer said that he is honored to have been chosen as the winner. It has given him more confidence in his abilities and relations with customers.
Hoffer's design features:
- A design for maximum stacking, easy traffic flow, pull-in/pull-out vacuum islands, parking for dog wash customers, and a walking area for the dogs.
- A picnic area/rest area for children or passengers while drivers are using the vacuums and detailing their cars.
- GinSan Express Key System and Bill Acceptors for all equipment and vending.
- Express Key Dispenser and Revalue Station with credit card and bill acceptor.
- Three PDQ G5 automatics loaded with all options to include tri-foam and an on-board dryers, five GinSan self-serve bays, three GinSan dog washes and three GinSan dual vacuum islands.
- Floor heat in all bays: automatics and self-serve, as well as heated entrance and exit mats for the automatics and a heated four foot sidewalk in the front and back of the self-serves.
- A glass skylight located between the automatics and equipment room in the vending area.
- A camera system covering all equipment as well as music in all areas.
- PDQ Access entry system with credit card, bill and express key activation.
- Ultimate illuminator polycarbonate automatic doors for auto bays.
- GinSan Ultra System for the self-serve bays.
- A 360-high pressure boom, 180-bubble brush boom and 180-tri-foam conditioner booms in all bays.
- Ultra 12 Function Door with bill acceptor and express key.
- GinSan dog washes will have coin boxes with a bill acceptor and express key. They will also have several venders for towels, rain coats and dog treats.
- Detailing vending items will be under the glass skylight vending area with GinSan Express Key Dispenser and Revalue Station, two D&H 18-item multi-venders with bill acceptors and express key, along with two Unitec single bill changers.
- GinSan spot-free rinse system for the automatics and self-serve, as well as a Con-Serv partial reclaim for water conservation.
- CSI soap and wax products for quality cleaning and colorful show in the automatic and self-serve.