News from the Industry
• Blendco Systems, has announced the appointment of Steve Arnovick as its new national sales manager and Wes Osborne as its new Rocky Mountain regional sales manager.
Arnovick previously served as Blendco’s Rocky Mountain regional sales manager. He was recently honored as part of DuBois’ 2010 President’s Council for being one of the top salespeople at the company.
Osborne has more than 20 years of experience in the carwash industry and previously worked as a Blendco distributor. He will cover the states of Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona as well as parts of Canada and Mexico.
• MacNeil Wash Systems Limited, has named Sue Chappel as its new marketing coordinator. She will be responsible for the “development, fulfillment and implementation” of all of the marketing initiatives, including advertising, internet-based marketing and show coordination tasks.
Chappel brings over 15 years of sales, advertising and marketing experience to the company, which serves the conveyor carwash market in over 20 countries.
• Vacutech LLC, a manufacturer of vacuum technologies, has named carwash industry veteran and expert Fred Grauer as its executive vice president of new business development.
CEO John Tucker said that with the continued growth and expansion of Vacutech LLC, having Grauer on board will enhance Vacutech’s value and overall growth.
“I have followed Fred’s progress and met with so many people who have witnessed Fred’s contributions to the carwash industry, and we couldn’t wait to get him on board,” Tucker told PC&D.
According to Grauer, he is now associated with an organization that not only shares his vision for the industry, but also is firmly grounded in their personal values of ethical, honest dealings with all their stakeholders. Also, Vacutech is building what he believes to be the finest vacuum systems around.
• Harry H. Dilling Jr., 70, passed away on Sunday, May 1, according to Jim Gosnell with Etowah Valley Equipment Inc. Dilling was a former owner of carwash equipment supplier Dilling-Harris. He is survived by his wife, Donna; sons, James and Keith, father, Harry Howard Dilling; mother, Ina Faye Dilling; and one grandchild.
Speaking exclusively to PC&D, Gosnell said Dilling was a “true champion” of the self-serve carwash segment. “Harry was always quick to offer advice to operators and manufacturers alike,” Gosnell remembered.
“Harry always made sure the equipment he made exceeded customer expectations,” Gosnell said. “I met Harry several years ago at a trade show. I was very fortunate in that Harry became a true friend as well as a trusted mentor.”
• Goff’s Enterprises Inc., announced that Peter Schwarzenbacher has been hired as the manufacturing engineering technician, James Ortiz has been promoted to engineering technician, and Ken Barry has joined Goff’s as the assembly lead. Goff’s also hired new employees in the assembly and shipping departments as well as two part-time production employees.
“As our business continues to grow, we’re adding new positions throughout the entire process, from production and assembly to technical support after the sale,” Tony Goff, president of Goff’s Enterprises Inc., said.
• Washworld, has hired Michael von Knorring to serve as its European sales manager to help maintain its increased international sales requests. von Knorring is well known throughout the European carwashing industry as he worked for the past 10 years in a similar capacity for another carwash manufacturing business.
• According to the International CarwashAssociation™ (ICA), 5,500 people attended the 2011 Car Care World Expo, which was held at the Las Vegas Sands Expo and Convention Center last May. The number of attendees is similar to last year’s Expo, which attracted 5,512 attendees.
The ICA also announced that next year’s Expo will take place May 7-9.
• The International Detailing Association (IDA) has announced the creation and launch of a Professional Detailing Certification Program, which is available to the IDA members and nonmembers.
The Association seeks to test professional detailers’ knowledge on a variety of topics; to create baseline standards shared throughout the detailing industry; and to increase the level of proficiency and professionalism for the industry.