News from the Industry
• Dale Hughson is now a regional sales manager for Standard Change-Makers, Inc., a manufacturer of currency change machines and carwash entry systems.
Hughson’s responsibilities will be dealing with carwash distributors and equipment manufacturers in the Eastern region of the United States and Canada.
Hughson has over 30 years of professional experience in the carwash industry, including serving as a district sales manager for D&S Manufacturing, and as national sales manager for Hydro-Spray Inc. Hughson, who also owns two carwashes and a self-storage facility, will be based in Iowa.
In Other News
• Washworld, Inc, a manufacturer of in-bay automatic carwash systems, has welcomed ABC Car Wash Systems to its distributor network.
ABC will be handling Washworld vehicle wash systems in southern Nevada.
The company is owned by Ryan Ford who has been in the carwash industry for over 13 years. He opened ABC in September of 2009 after spending the previous 11 years as district manager of a large carwash chain.
According to Ford, his experience on the consumer side of the business, “…helps us to relate well to the customer and their needs.” ABC will sell and service new equipment, chemicals and parts.
• DETAIL PLUS Car Appearance Systems, has reached a distributor agreement with Farrell Polishing Products Co., the manufacturer of the BUFF PRO Drum Polisher.
The polisher uses a variety of cutting and finishing pads.
• CarWash Colleges, Registration is now open for the inaugural AutoPilot Training Program presented through CarWash College at their Tamarac, FL, classroom facility.
The program, held February 21-24, will be limited to 14 participants. Full registration for the four- day program is $650 with partial registration for individual modules available at $175/day.
• Lochinvar Corporation, is requesting that customers only purchase its products through authorized distributors only, adding that the company does not promote, approve or endorse the sale of its water boiler/heater systems through unauthorized wholesale distributors.
A recent announcement said Lochinvar Corporation will not honor the warranty on products purchased on the Internet through unauthorized channels, and/or installed by someone other than a licensed installer.
Carwash Boilers is a certified Lochinvar reseller and adheres to all of Lochinvar’s product sales requirements. The company advised persons to inquire with Carwash Boilers for more information about this issue.
• The Car Wash Operators of New Jersey (CWONJ), boarded the Spirit Cruise Line on December 7 for a dinner event on the Hudson River.
The three-hour event included an extensive buffet dinner, a singing wait staff, DJ and dancing and a picturesque view of the Manhattan skyline.
“This event is a lot of fun and a great way to kick off the holidays,” said CWONJ President Gerry Barton. “You couldn’t ask for a better venue.”
The Spirit Cruise Line features three climate-controlled interior levels and plenty of deck space to take in the panoramic views of the New York skyline, including the Empire State Building.
The Association’s next event is its February 1 General Membership Meeting at the Crowne Plaza in Clark. The meeting will include a speaker on OSHA regulations and compliance and a guest carwash operator from out of state. Visit cwonj.com for more information.