News from the Industry
John D. Marshall is the new vice president of marketing for MacNeil Wash Systems Limited, a manufacturer of conveyor carwash equipment. Marshall has an extensive background in all aspects of dealer-based marketing, with a specialized focus in heavy equipment, automation, and consumer products.
“MacNeil Wash Systems is a vibrant, vital organization with exciting things ahead,” said Marshall. “Not only are we in the process of releasing several exciting new products, but MacNeil is also strategically aligning the people and processes that will guarantee MacNeil a leadership position in customer support as well.”
In Other News
Car Wash Systems, Inc., a distributor of carwash equipment in the central Pennsylvania region, was recently recognized by The Central Penn Business Journal as one of the top 50 businesses that have made significant contributions to the growth, strength and success of the Central PA region during the 13th annual Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies awards breakfast held at Hilton Harrisburg.
Car Wash Systems, Inc. ranked 18th on this year’s list, which recognized companies headquartered in Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry or York counties in Pennsylvania.
In order to be eligible for nomination, companies were required to show revenue of at least $500,000 in each of the fiscal years ending 2006, 2007 and 2008 and show revenue growth in 2008, as compared to 2006 (the same three-year period).
PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., a manufacturer of touch-free vehicle wash systems, hosted what it is believed to be the carwash industry’s first-ever live Internet product launch.
The 45-minute event, held on Sept. 23, announced the availability of PDQ’s latest offering in its line of LaserWash® In-Bay Automatic Wash Systems and highlighted the products new features and benefits.
PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., a manufacturer of touch-free carwash systems, has appointed Fueling & Service Technologies, Inc., or FASTECH, as an additional non-exclusive distributor serving the Southern California market.
XPresSystems, Inc., a provider of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to the carwash industry, including the XpresWash system, has updated its website and software.
The updates provided a number of enhancements for operators, including:
- The ability to manage wash types;
- Manage billing options;
- More search options when searching customers and transactions;
- Wash log and tag log; and
- The ability to add an unlimited number of tags to one customer.
The company has also extended its range of billing options with the addition of Wash Packs and Pay as You Go. Fleet programs are also possible by utilizing the unlimited number of tags under one customer account.
A Jiffy Lube service center in Des Moines, IA, has beat out two other teams to be crowned the first-ever national J-Team All Star Grand Champion at the culmination of the company’s Grand Finals Competition held outside of Washington, D.C. during Jiffy Lube’s 30th Anniversary celebration and annual Convention.
The team from store #138 and the two other finalists from Herriman, UT, and Quakertown, PA, displayed their teamwork and skills by performing a Jiffy Lube Signature Service® Oil Change for two customers at the Grand Finals.
More than 2,000 other Jiffy Lube service center teams competed for the title after Jiffy Lube announced the contest among its franchises, which celebrates teamwork, enthusiasm and dedication by challenging participants in a series of service competitions.
FASTECH, based in Buena Park, CA, will distribute and service PDQ’s LaserWash® and Tandem® RiteTouch in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, as well as distribute its ACCESS® payment equipment. The company also offers maintenance, repair, construction and design services for fuel stations.
MacNeil Wash Systems Limited, a manufacturer of conveyor carwash equipment, has opened a new parts distribution facility.
The new parts distribution facility will be integrated with the MacNeil manufacturing plant in Barrie, Ontario, Canada, and will allow the company to make several enhancements to its OEM Parts program, such as:
- Significant increases in factory inventory;
- Additional parts response personnel; and
- Extended hours to support all time zones.
Twenty industry leaders met June 15 and 16 in the Chicago offices of the International Carwash Association (ICA) as part of the Association’s Leadership Summit to discuss major trends in the carwash industry.
The goals of the Summit were to facilitate a dynamic exchange of opinions and to provoke innovation with the industry.
Facilitated by David Schmahl of the SmithBucklin Corporation, the panel’s three major areas of discussion included the needs of carwash consumers, improving the supplier/distributor system, and opportunities for growth, particularly in the area of environmental messages.
The participants were:
- Bruce Arnett, Jr., COO, Agile Pursuits/Mr. Clean Car Wash;
- Steve Barram, CEO, Integrated Services, Inc.;
- Ken Brott, vice president, DRB Systems, Inc.;
- Dean Cheramie, vice president of sales and marketing, Ryko Manufacturing Company;
- Kevin Collette, president, Integrated Cleaning Systems,
- Mark Curtis, co-owner, Splash Car Wash;
- Paul Fazio, CEO, SONNY’S Enterprises,Inc.;
- William Gorra, president and CEO, Simoniz USA, Inc.;
- Gary Hirsh, president, New Wave Industries, Ltd.;
- Murray Kennedy, president and CEO, Mark VII Equipment, Inc.;
- John Lai, COO, Mister Car Wash;
- Frank Lash, owner, Car-Robics Car Wash;
- Jeff Maize, vice president, MacNeil Wash Systems, Ltd.;
- Jerry Miller, president, Cityview Car Wash & Oil Change, Jerry’s Express Car Wash;
- Julie Moore, vice president and general manager, Vehicle Care—Ecolab, Inc.;
- Henry Richard III, owner, Energy Logistics Corp, Bethel Park Rapid Wash, L.P., Carwash Technology, L.P., North West Car Wash, L.P.;
- Laurie Sherman, co-owner, Blendco Systems, LLC; and Stephen Wade, president, Oasis Car Wash Systems.