Secrets of Success Part II
Blendco Systems™ Tip of the Month
In the last edition of the Tip of the Month, I reviewed the first six Secrets of Success from Jeffrey Gitomer's The Little Red Book of Selling. Now, I would like to share the next six secrets.
- Have the answers your prospects and customers need: The more you can solve problems, the easier path you will have to sales success. Prospects don't want facts; they want answers. A customer doesn't want to hear, "I think this product will work best." They want to hear, "I guarantee this product will leave your car spotless." If you have all the answers, why would customers go anywhere else?
- Recognize Opportunity: Stay alert for the situations that can create opportunities for success. Great opportunities may be where you don't expect them. Look for ways in which you can team up with other local businesses or local schools to benefit each other. The little known key is to get and maintain a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunity: First recognize it. Second, act on it. Opportunity is elusive. It exists all over the place, but very few see it and take advantage of it. Don't let great opportunities pass you by.
- Take responsibility: We all blame others to a degree. Blame is tied to success in reverse proportion. Successful people take responsibility for everything they do AND everything that happens to them and then learn from their experiences.
- Take Action: If you don't take action, your competition will, and you could lose valuable business. Avoid looking back with regrets and just do it!
- Make Mistakes: Mistakes are inevitable. Learn from your mistakes and learn how to avoid them in the future. The best teacher is failure. If a monthly special didn't create the desired result, change it up and try a different special. If your current advertising isn't drawing in new customers, spice it up or start a new program. The only way to find what works is to explore all of the options.
Stay tuned for the last 6.5 secrets coming soon…
Brent McCurdy, Senior Vice President, Blendco Systems, LLC
Blendco manufactures a full line of detergents and waxes for the professional carwash industry. You can contact Blendco at: www.blendco.com.