There's only one right way to clean a trunk
October 12, 2011
- Open trunk and evaluate what needs to be done.
- Bag all loose items and set aside.
- Remove mat or carpet (if removable) and apply spot remover.
- Remove spare tire and jack (only if needed). If left in, wipe down and apply dressing to black areas.
- Wipe down underside of trunk lid and jambs with chemical towel and an all purpose cleaner.
- Clean entire trunk side areas. (If material, use shampoo. If plastic, scrub with scrubbie pad and wipe dry).
- Shampoo trunk mat.
- Shampoo interior floor mats.
- Dress all plastic in trunk and rubber molding.
- Replace spare tire, mat, loose items bag and floor mats (these items are left out if an interior air dryer is used).
- Spray deodorizer in trunk area before replacing items.