Vacuum tips and tricks
June 22, 2011
Here are some tips to help in making a vacuum run better and more efficiently:
- Empty your garbage container to increase suction and control dust inside the unit.
- Empty and shake the bags weekly to create more room. Make sure the bags are filled before emptying as part of your efforts to “green up” the carwash.
- Check for worn or dried gaskets that can cause the airlock malfunction.
- Blow out your motors with air to prevent overheating and improve longevity.
- Check the motor brushes periodically for wear.
- If at high altitudes, consider a three-motor vacuum as a two-motor works harder to operate and uses more energy.
- If your unit has a sealed door, check to see if the seal is airtight to avoid leakage.
- Check your claw attachment to make sure it’s secure and not leaking air.