WCA to talk Unions, legal matters at March meeting
FOLSOM, CA — The Western Carwash Association (WCA) will be meeting with members on March 7 in Hawthorne, CA, to discuss the recent news involving Unions and Los Angeles carwashes, as well as other legal issues, according to an emailed announcement.
The Feb. 27 email stated that the meeting will take place at the Holiday Inn Express and will cost $65 and is open to Association members only. Gary Bethel, an attorney with Littler Mendelson, will serve as presenter.
All of the topics to be covered include:
- Union activities and issues - what are your rights
- Immigration enforcement
- New labor laws for 2012
- New NLRB employee-rights notice posting
- New law requiring written agreement for contractors receiving commissions
- Wage and hour
- Sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation
- Wrongful discharge
- Employment handbook updates
The $65 fee also includes transportation to LAX, light refreshments and a Carwash-specific employee handbook, valued at $300.