Business: Clean Works Autowash
Type: Self-serve with in-bay automatics (touch-free)
Owner(s): Mike and Susan Brelsford
Location: Perry, IA
Year opened: 2007
- 2 PDQ G-5 touch-free in-bay automatics with LaserDri oscillating nozzle dryers;
- Unitec Wash Select II autocashiers with high-speed credit card acceptance and VIP Wash Card;
- All reject RO water is recaptured for use in Gatling guns and undercarriage;
- Two eight-function GinSan self-serve bay boxes with dollar bill acceptors and Unitec WashPay system for credit card and VIP Wash Card acceptance;
- Three stainless steel Mosmatic booms in each bay (high pressure, foam brush, and Rain-X); and
- For IBA: Blue Coral chemicals with Rain-X and triple foam; and
- For self-serve: Blue Coral chemicals with Rain-X, clearcoat, and tire/wheel cleaner.
- Airlift doors on all entrance/exits that open automatically (self-serve bays are equipped with loops in the concrete to automatically detect vehicles);
- Royal Building with 12’ wide entrance/exit doors and 400 Watt metal halide lighting;
- Self-serve bays have in-bay music and GinSan Talking Message Center that provides English and Spanish audio commands to aid customer selections;
- Bilingual menu signage on both self-serve and automatics;
- Floor heat in the bay, providing much needed heat during cold winter days;
- A WatchFire LED Digital Message Center displays text, pictures, movies and animations for the public. These signs provide the community and schools free advertising for community events and also run specials and promotions for the wash;
- Six electronic venders, bill changer and vacuum island; and
- Website that offers online payment for VIP Wash Cards.
Staff: Two part-time staff members in addition to the Brelsford family who tend to operational and daily needs of the wash.
Volume: Not yet available.
Pricing: Automatic washes range from $6-10. Self-serve bays are $2 for 3.5 minutes.
Customer payment options: Bills, quarters, credit cards and a VIP Wash Card program that offers discounts on bulk