View Cart (0 items)

Self-serve

Thrifty trends in self-serve vacuuming

Steve Tucker Jr.
From stainless steel canopied islands with combination vacuum/shampoo/spot remover units, to high volume vacuum lanes powered by central vacuums — carwash owners are tailoring their vacuum equipment to meet
Read More

Swivels and brushes and booms — oh my!

Gary Wirges
The most important components in any business are the pieces used most often by the retail customer. The wands, brushes, booms and swivels at your self-serve carwash come into
Read More

Life in the pits

Dennis Ryan
The original six-bay carwash that we have now was built eight years before we bought it, so the decision on how to build and pipe the pits was not
Read More

The self-serve vacuum evolution

Dennis Ryan
We bought our first carwash in 1988 from the previous owner who had built the wash in 1980 and had installed four vacuums just in front of the bays,
Read More

Self-serve & in-bay: A winning combo

Mike Savignac
With the carwash industry becoming more competitive than ever before, carwash operators are constantly looking for ways to attract new customers, grow the loyalty of existing customers and, of
Read More

Self-serve token talk

Dennis Ryan
When I bought my first carwash in 1988, the coin acceptors were not as sophisticated as they are now, nor were the tokens for that matter. The acceptors could
Read More

The water that runs a self-serve site

Cary L. Wise
Water is the most important component of all carwashing equipment when it comes to cleaning cars. Without quality water, the finished product will not be satisfactory to you or
Read More

Is it time to express yourself?

Today there are several carwash service options from which customers may choose, such as: Self-service; Automatic; Full-service; and The express wash. The wash everybody is talking about is the
Read More

What's your acceptance level?

Jonathan Airey
Self-serve equipment has come a long, long way. At one point in time, manufacturers would not even grant a warranty on bill validators used in the harsh environment of
Read More

Self-serve vacuum security

Allen Spears
As recent as 10 years ago, carwash owners didn’t have to worry about their vacuums as much as today. The vacs weren’t as expensive and they didn’t hold a
Read More