CHESHUNT, ENGLAND — Fire crews and police responded to a carwash here one Sunday night when a large amount of smoke was seen coming from the building, Mercury reported.
The Nov. 5 story stated that Valentin Sysose, the carwash’s owner, said an employee was responsible for lighting the firework.
“I think some of the neighbors called the fire brigade. It didn’t damage anything, it was just smoke,” Sysose said in the story. “I stayed until 1 a.m. cleaning it up — they are idiots.”
A spokesman for the fire and rescue team said the crew left the scene about 30 minutes after responding.
Read the entire article here.