Remember, you cannot be all things to all people, so what you first need to do is identify all the potential markets for your detail services and then list all the reasons you think they would want to buy your service.
Next, evaluate the potential business you think each market represents.
And finally, decide how much it will take in terms of time, money, and effort to reach these markets. You will find the potential of some markets will not justify the effort and with others, the cost will be too prohibitive.
The following is a list of potential markets for detail services we have developed over the years:
- Professionals: Doctors, lawyers, dentists, and those who use their cars for their jobs (such as real estate agents)
- Business executives
- Luxury car owners
- Auto dealers
- Independent automobile brokers
- Rental car agencies
- Government agencies
- Large corporations with fleets of cars and vans
- Independent truck-tractor owners
- Trucking companies
- Senior citizens
- Young, single working women
- Individuals selling their cars
- Body shops
- RV owners
- Boat owners
- Credit Unions
There may be more potential markets, but these are good places to start.