BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Coming soon in the June issue of Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine, 45-year detailing expert Dave Hornby offers best practices on using modern tools and advanced process to increase customer satisfaction and detailing results.
In the article, Hornby notes the following ways to increase your results by protecting your workers and protecting customers’ cars.
Protect your workers …
- Wear safety glasses
- Tie apron behind back
- Use protective gloves and eye wear
- Check and secure power cords.
Protect your customers’ cars …
- Start at the hood
- Use a polish applicator
- Make an X on the pad using a fair amount of polish
- Apply medium pressure while keeping the pad flat
- Move pad in a back and forth motion
- Start at a slow speed with medium pressure, increasing speed as desired
- Do not buff the polish until it’s completely dry
- Inspect pad often and do not mix used pads and microfiber cloths.
Be sure to read our June issue and let us know what you think.
Sign up free for our monthly publication here.
Follow us on Twitter here.
Follow us on Facebook here.