Electrical fire closes down a full-service wash - Professional Carwashing & Detailing
Connect with us
Close Sidebar Panel Open Sidebar Panel

Carwash News

Electrical fire closes down a full-service wash

LEESBURG, GA — A carwash is closed and 10 employees are jobless after a quick fire melted the equipment’s wiring.

Advertisement

LEESBURG, GA — Fire officials here found heavy smoke and flames coming from the ceiling of Stardust 2 Full Service Carwash Tuesday morning, mysouthwestga.com reported.

Click Here to Read More
Advertisement

The Aug. 14 story stated that the call came in around 4:50 a.m., and firemen had the fire under control by 5:15 a.m. Even so, there was extensive damage done inside the carwash.

Stardust’s owner, Craig Dodge, said various wires were melted during the fire, and the business is useless until they are fixed. Dodge is now waiting on an estimate from his insurance company.

Now all 10 employees of the wash are out of work until the carwash is repaired. “I don’t know what my employees are going to do, I don’t know how long we’re going to be down. It’s a terrible feeling but we’ll get through it, we’ll be back,” Dodge said in the story.

Advertisement

The fire department believes an electrical shortage in the neon lighting on the outside of the building caused the fire.

Advertisement
Click to comment
Connect
Professional Carwashing & Detailing