NEW CASTLE, PA — The U-Wash-M-Carwash will be able to re-open here after sustaining fire damage, the New Castle News reported.
The Oct. 19 story stated that firefighters were at the carwash for approximately 90 minutes last week. The fire fighters quickly contained the fire to the stairwell leading to an upstairs apartment.
The apartment sustained heavy heat and smoke damage but no fire damage. Even so, very little damage was done to the carwash. The fire chief said in the story it should be able to reopen soon.
The upstairs apartment is not occupied, and the preliminary finding is that the fire began in electrical wiring located under the stairs.
Read the entire article here.