CHICAGO — Gnome, which was introduced last week by Groupon, will allow merchants to easily process Groupon deals, and provides a POS system and credit card transaction service, according to a press release.
“Gnome is an amazing piece of technology that plugs our merchants into the Web and helps them form relationships with every customer that walks in their front door,” said Groupon CEO Eric Lefkofsky. It will serve as an operating system for merchants, he continued in the release, which will “enable them to create real-time promotions that bring customers into their business when they need them the most.”
Read also: Groupon Deal Builder targets new customers
The tablet-based platform "will soon integrate with popular accounting software programs such as QuickBooks and Xero and offer a suite of customer relationship management tools,” stated the release.
Gnome, Lefkofsky said, is part of Groupon’s long-term mission to provide merchants a constant connection to the Groupon local commerce platform.
More articles on: Multi-profit centers
The product is already in market, notes the release, and will be available to "tens of thousands of merchants in the coming months."
More information on Gnome from the press release:
- Bluetooth Groupon Redemption – Automatically redeem Groupons using Bluetooth technology or search for customers by name, Groupon barcode or voucher number. Customers no longer have to present a printed voucher or even show their mobile device.
- All-in-one Cash Register –Everything local businesses need to operate more efficiently and deliver outstanding customer service—log cash transactions, accept credit and debit card payments, print or email receipts, calculate multiple tax rates, manage menu items, view transaction history and issue refunds.
- Customer Relationship Management – Customize marketing campaigns using customer purchase history and preferences. Gnome also lets merchants share customer feedback via Facebook and Twitter and enables one-click email response to solve customer service issues as they happen.
- Accounting Software Integration – Gnome integrates with popular accounting software programs Quickbooks and Xero, providing merchants with a convenient and hassle-free way to upload their sales data for bookkeeping and taxes.
- Simple, Customizable Point of Sale –Gnome comes with preloaded menus and inventory lists for the most popular types of local businesses, enabling merchants to start running their systems within minutes; merchants can also add, scroll and search thousands of menu items.
To read the full story, click here
To visit Gnome website, click here or to check out a video, click here
To visit the Groupon website, click here