Editor’s note: As more carwashes expand to offer a variety of services, such as auto repair, the following tips are helpful to know. Additionally, more auto repair shops, including auto dealerships, are entering the carwash industry. Whether you are a new or veteran carwash professional, providing customers with quality services starts with education.
Having a car is extremely convenient. However, the pleasure comes with certain responsibilities that owners must uphold. Maintaining a car is one such responsibility. It doesn’t matter how old or how new a car is, if it is well-maintained, even the oldest vehicle can run like it’s brand new. Thus, servicing a car is a must if the owner expects to keep it in good shape.
Make sure to educate your customers on why they should opt for professional car services.
Importance of servicing
- Servicing a car regularly is important.If a car owner doesn’t get his or her car checked, minor problems are more likely to escalate into major issues, and he or she will be forced to shell out large sums of money to get the car to work properly again.
- Servicing a car is guaranteed to give it a longer life span. Since a car is an expensive investment, an owner needs to maintain it to prevent serious long-term damage.
- Lastly, prevention is better than cure. Keeping a car in fine condition by taking it for regular checkups like steering alignment, brake check-ups and so on, will lessen the chances of accidents.
These are some of the reasons why car care professionals must educate customers to regularly service their vehicles. It is absolutely essential. But, while doing this, it is important to advise customers to go for a professional car servicing rather than trying to do it themselves. Here are some of the reasons why a professional car service would trump home efforts, and good talking points when discussing car servicing with customers:
- A professional will be able to detect minor problems which a car owner, with limited knowledge, may well overlook. Thus, they can protect car owners from future mishaps that may have occurred.
- Certain auto repairs require intricate and detailed work. If the job is slightly off the given mark, it can have serious consequences. Take, for instance, alignment. If the alignment is not done properly, driving will be dangerous and will cause tires to wear out quicker than usual. Improper tire alignment also causes car owners to use more fuel.
- Most of us are more likely to forget all about the tires because they do so much without seeming to need much attention; but they are an essential part of the vehicle and therefore need to be checked. A professional garage will immediately inform car owners whether their tires are in good condition or not. The professionals will know the right air pressure that the tires need and, thus, will check the air pressure and fill with air, if needed, before giving a car back.
- Even when car owners choose to wash their cars at home, despite their best efforts they always end up using several gallons of water and not doing a good enough job. Allowing experts to clean a vehicle benefits the environment. Not only is home washing unsatisfactory, but it can also cause the dirt and grime to wash into sewers, thereby causing environmental damage. A professional car service will use environmentally friendly products, procedures and equipment that will not only protect the environment, but will leave the car looking spic and span: a feat that is beyond home carwashing’s reach.
Car owners may say a professional service is far more expensive than doing it at home. However, as car care professionals, educate customers about how professional services will be more thorough and will keep vehicles in good shape for years to come. Going to a professional car care business helps to reduce major costs in the future.
Ron Burg is from Action Gator Tire. Action Gator Tire is a reliable company that not only offers top class auto maintenance and repair services but also sells premium quality wheels and tires across Florida. You will find all the world’s leading brands at the best prices under one roof.