BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — In Professional Carwashing & Detailing’s November article, “Be prepared for a busy winter,” contributing writer Chris Rojas writes about how to prepare and protect equipment for potentially harsh weather.
Rojas says all systems and equipment should be checked so severe winter weather and frigid temperatures do not cause major problems.
Included in his winter prep checklist are:
- Inspect and test all units and water heaters
- Check fluid levels
- Check glycol — change if needed
- Check system pressure — pressure test
- Check for leaks and valve functionality
- Inspect boilers and burners
- Make sure burners are clean and clear
Rojas also gives tips for getting the best utility rates, including prepaying bills and shopping for better gas rates.
Click here to read the entire article.