The methodology you decide to use when buffing will only bring the desired result if you have a system in place at your shop that is followed religiously.
I follow the preferred steps to get optimum results when buffing:
- Clean the car thoroughly to remove all surface contaminants. Sufficient light is critical;
- Read the instructions on the car polish carefully;
- Buff one section at a time;
- Use minimum polish;
- Rub the polish on the car body evenly;
- Let the polish dry to haze;
- Use a microfiber cloth to buff the polish;
- Use the same method for all the sections of the car that need buffing; and
- Always work safely.
Click here to read more on this topic.