Thanksgiving has come and gone! I’m still trying to sweat off all of the extra weight I put on at dinner, but it’s still a great time to give thanks. I’m obviously most grateful that I’ve been blessed with a beautiful family that understands, somehow, my obsession with everything carwash-related. The carwash industry has given me a lot to be thankful for as well.
Here’s my list in no particular order:
- I’m thankful for log chain. Who knew removing links from chain could be so easy and, dare I say it, almost fun?
- I’m thankful for double roller bearings. Whoever came up with the idea of putting two bearings in one housing was a genius!
- I’m thankful for unlimited plans, as the benefits of these helps everyone industry-wide.
- I’m thankful for license plate recognition (LPR). The ability to track each unique user has given us the ability to market to them in new and exciting ways.
- I’m thankful for high-definition cameras that have reduced damage claims in numbers too large to quantify.
- I’m thankful for chemistry that now enables us to offer a beautiful car and a $20-plus top package.
- I’m thankful for free vacuums that drive volume.
- I’m thankful for municipalities that have made driveway washing illegal.
- I’m thankful for reclaim systems that don’t smell.
- I’m thankful Paul Fazio took a chance on me in 1985 and gave me my first carwash job. This gave me the desire and skill set to open and run my own wash for 13 years. I’m also grateful that after I sold it, he offered me a position at Sonny’s, where I’ve spent the last 16 years.
- I’m thankful that the industry is growing at a fast pace and offers others the opportunity to make carwashing a lifetime career.
I’ll sum it up by saying I’m extremely thankful that I found my life’s work at a young age and have been able to be a part of a special group of people who do extraordinary things!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope your holidays bring you all you wish for.
All the best!
Bob Fox has 35 years’ experience in the carwash industry and is the vice president of Sonny’s Car Wash College™. Bob can be reached at [email protected]. For more information about CarWash College™ certification programs, visit CarWash College or call the registrar’s office at 1-866-492-7422.
This content is sponsored by CarWash College. Sponsored content is authorized by the client and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Professional Carwashing & Detailing editorial team.