There are many different systems to choose from, and there are several companies out there that can help you make an informed decision. I have used several companies over the past few years, and almost all are capable of providing quality and service with any of their POS and controller systems. It is a good idea to check and even ask for an online demonstration before you purchase. With that said, don’t be afraid to jump in with both feet and start seriously putting together your system.
Here are some things you will want to consider before making a final choice:
- Make sure the system you are considering is PCI (payment card industry) compliant and has a good track record with everyone (almost all computers now are fully compliant).
- Take careful consideration when introducing an interface component to your carwash if you already have an existing controller system in your tunnel.
- If you do a lot of account and fleet service vehicles, look into how easily your new prospective system can integrate and provide up-to-date tracking.
- Make sure you have thorough and accurate time-clock management for all your employees and that they can be separated by department if need be.
- Check into Internet accessibility and security protocols associated.
I have spent a lot of time working with many different computer systems, and almost all of them are up to the task(s) I have listed above.
As we edge in closer toward a whole new paradigm in carwashing, whether it be an express carwash, a full-service car wash or a “do-it-yourself” self-serve, the need for a comprehensive, yet simple and streamlined computer and tracking system has never been more relevant.
Click here to read more on this topic.