View Cart (0 items)

Detailing

Changing perceptions and cleaning cars

How Rising Tide invested in autistic people.
“We as a society view autism as a disability that deserves sympathy,” said the co-founder of Rising Tide Car Wash Tom D’Eri, but at this unique business, where 80 percent of the workers are autistic people, it’s viewed completely differently.
Read More

Paint color restoration: Then and now

How today’s clear coatings can restore a paint's original color and gloss.
When I wrote "Why Paints Fade" in the April 2008 issue of this magazine, (which I urge you to digest before reading this article), I believed it was simply impossible to create a clear coating that would look as great, by wipe-on hand application, as an automotive spray gun finish would. I was wrong.
Read More

The plea for steam

A dry vapor steam machine can be used on the facility as well as a car and can promote your business as eco-friendly.
A hot water extractor uses heated liquid water and a powerful vacuum to deep clean carpets, whereas steam cleaning involves the use of pressurized steam vapor.
Read More

No, you can’t rent my customers

Read how one carwash chain found success in offering windshield repair services.

After our second location opened, nearly half a dozen windshield repair companies approached us offering to pay us a monthly rent to sell windshield repair at our washes. Immediately our reaction was, “No, you can’t rent my customers.” 

Read More